This is a replica of the Michelangelo's David. The actual David is in Florence in an indoor gallery that we walked by everyday. We waited until Saturday to go to that gallery and the line was super super long, so we decided to go on a walking tour instead. Well to our surprise we ran into this replica and that was good enough for us!
This warthog fountain has a lot of luck and wishes associated with it. I guess if you rub his shiny snout you will return to Florence someday and then if you drop a coin from its mouth and it fall through the grate your wish will come true.
We are on the way back from our walking tour. Don't ask me what the building is in the background because I don't remember. I bet we saw over 100 cool historic sites, maybe 200, yeah between 100 and 200 sites.
Here are a couple more pictures and I included one that shows a set of large doors. Some of these giant doors would have a small door you could walk through. These castle like doors were on buildings that weren't anything special-like every building had them. Imagine dragging groceries through these doors. I think it would be a workout just to answer the door :)

1 comment:
Sara you are the coolest wife ever! What a great "surprise" for Matt. Good thing he wasn't planning a surprise trip to somewhere else....
Post a Comment