Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Our fast trip to It-lee

Me on the Ponte Vechio
Matt and I at the top of the Duomo (a very, very, large cathedral). It was over 400 stairs to the top.
The Market where I found the most beautiful leather handbag and Matt got some super cool silk ties.
Matt chillin' in the coutyard of a church that was built in 345 AD. Ummmm that's old.
Me standing by a very small car. There were even smaller ones driving around italy.

So I had to catch up on my blogging so I could post our most recent trip. I planned a surprise trip to Florence Italy for our 5th year wedding anniversary. Of course I couldn't it a surprise forever so I did tell matt about two weeks before we left. I had been here briefly for work 3 years ago and fell in love the moment I had gelato. The Italians have great food, great style, and amazing amount of history. We left Wednesday night and came back Monday Night. It was a lot of travel for such a short trip, but it was worth it. We left Ava with Matt's parents and sister. They took such great care of her. They sent bi-daily emails on what she was up to (how she sleeping, eating, and even pooping :) ). We missed her soooo much and kept seeing kids around her age in the city. We took over 200 pictures (a lot of gigantic doors) and had a wonderful time. Don't worry I won't put them all in my blog. Matt joked (at least I think he was joking) about setting up a slide show at our house. Doesn't everyone want to look at 200 pictures of churches, statues, and giant doors?

4 comments:

Sara :) said...

Wow what a trip. Brad and I are due for another one. You look so good! Always so stylish! I need a makeover.

Nicole said...

You guys do the funnest stuff EVER!!! What a great trip even if it was quick. Post a picture of the gigantic doors, I am curious.

Jones Family said...

You and Matt look great--I bet you have so much fun.

Sean and Julie said...

wow...Julie and I are happy when we get to the east side of Madison. You guys are always on the move. Great pictures, looks like a great trip.

Yummy Cookies

New Shoes

Slip Slidin' Away

Ava on the Grass....

Ava Loves her Dora Car-(9.5 mo old)