Sunday, July 22, 2007

Lazy day at the Cottage




Matt's parents have a cottage that is about 45 minutes away, and we try to spend most of our weekends there. Today we went to the cottage in the afternoon and had lunch on the pontoon boat, swam in the lake, played a crazy form of baseball with Grace and Durlin (with Matt convincing the kids to let him hit too), swung on the swing, and played in the sand (Ava's very first time). I thought she would try to eat it, but she didn't. Uncle Corey grilled us some fabulous burgers and we had the sweetest corn on the cob I've had all summer. I'm hoping for an Indian Summer this year so that we can have more dreamy weekends at the cottage.
Ava is walking all over the place these days and loves to carry things . Here she has a leaf and Daddy's baseball cap. She also likes to carry around anything that has a handle on it. She carries it like a little purse on her arm. She really is a crack-up.

8 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Sara--your little Ava girl is so cute--she reminds me of you at that age with a Matt flavor. This is such a fun age--I am glad you are taking lots of pictures. I have always wanted to have a cottage on a lake--lucky you
Aunt Diane

Diane said...

So Sara--when are to coming to Boise?--You mentioned you bought tickets--I hope I'll be back in town.
Aunt Diane

dana said...

Hi Sara,
It's Dana Willard.
You are so funny! I love that you check in my blog...because I do the same on yours! But yes, I've never left a comment before. Now I won't feel weird about it :).
And I'm glad that some of my ideas have inspired you! I love gathering ideas from other people.
Your little Ava is a cutie. I'm sure you're having tons of fun. I must admit, I'm a little jealous to see your beautiful home and yard and all that fun stuff. But I know that some day we won't live in an apartment anymore.

Stephanie said...

Awww Ava is so freakin cute! I love how her hair sticks straight up like that! haha.

Jones Family said...

Ava is so cute--I can't wait to see her in a few weeks. ( you and Matt too)

Diane said...

Hi Sara--I am excited to see you and Matt and that sweet Ava girl. So sad that I won't have any girls home for the weekend.

lacey said...

Sara- Hey! I would take you to that Giant Pillow anytime! Maybe, if it's too far to come, we could meet half way?

Melissa and Chad said...

She is too cute! I love the idea of a purse. My husband is conviced Izzy will be a "Tom Boy". Maybe I'll have to start early with the purses?

Yummy Cookies

New Shoes

Slip Slidin' Away

Ava on the Grass....

Ava Loves her Dora Car-(9.5 mo old)