Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I left my heart in San Francisco........

Maya and Ava ride in Maya's little truck. They were sharing the cab at one point until Ava simply shoved Maya to the ground. My little Bully doesn't realize her own strength.


So I really like California and I am lucky that I have lot family that lives there. We had a really good time on our trip. We played games every night after the girls went to bed. Boggle, Monopoly(3 long games), and Yahtzee. I hate to report, but I never won. My Matt won everything except 1 game of Yahtzee and 1 game of Monopoly. We all ganged up on him because we were tired of him winning. Ha ha. On Saturday we had a wonderful BBQ at my aunt Julie's and uncle Dougs house. Doug made the best Filet tenderloin, Mike made the super delicious potato wedges, Marvin brought a scrumptious salad, and Lori had the best selection of deserts. We all (all 20 of us) enjoyed amazing appetizers prepared by Julie too. Ava loved Julie's fancy crackers and cheese. We had a great time catching up with family and can't thank Julie and Doug enough for hosting the big family event. Of course I didn't get any pictures of all the fun, but did happen to leave my camera there. So we picked it up from Julie on Monday and got to hang out with her for a little more. On Sunday we went to church with Lori and Matt. It was their ward conference. There were some good talks. One talk was about holding grudges and how holding them is like drinking poison and hoping your opponent drops dead. That line cracked me up. Monday Matt flew out to get back to work. Lori and I planned on shopping at Valley Fair after we picked up my camera, but we got a call that Matt's flight was cancelled. He got re-booked on a red eye that night. We decided to spare him the seven hour wait and went to go pick him up. We went to a mall close to the airport that was terrible and it put me in a cranky, I don't want to buy anything, kind of a mood. I could write a very long post about our drive home with the girls but I actually don't want to remember it. Yah that about sums it up. The picture of Ava climbing on the slide was taken at Julie and Doug’s when we were leaving from picking up my camera. She saw the playland as we were walking to the car and refused to get in her seat until I let her go down the slide. As soon as she went down she was fine to get into her seat. She can be so determined sometimes.

1 comment:

Jones Family said...

I love the pictures and the journal of your travels.

Yummy Cookies

New Shoes

Slip Slidin' Away

Ava on the Grass....

Ava Loves her Dora Car-(9.5 mo old)