Ava and her Birthday Breakfast-A Rice Crispy w/chocolate and two candles to blow out.
Ava's new picnic table and some other birthday presents.....Oh and her giant princess balloon that sings and cost ummmm............$13 (this was a Dad purchase)
Ava and her best friend Derek eating pizza, one of Ava and Daddy's favorite things to eat.
Opening up presents form her Grandma Jones, a picnic basket and a cash register.
The day after her birthday her Grandparents, Aunt and cousins took her out for dinner and came to the house for leftover cake and open all the presents they brought over. 3 days of celebration, what a lucky little girl. (she wore this crown all through dinner, what a princess)
Ava and her cousin enjoying a play picnic.
Ava turned two at the end of June. She loved having a birthday and still requests the birthday song every night when we sing songs. When she woke up she got a rice crispy treat with two candles to blow out. A treat for breakfast you ask? Oh yeah I had one too! I'll list a few great things about Ava.
1. She is a gentle giant. Even though she is a big kid (35.5 lbs and 36.5 inches, and wears mostly 4T) she is tender and careful. I'm not sure she will always be this way, but for now she doesn't use her size to her advantage.
2. She loves babies, puppies, and kitty's. If she spots a cat or dog she wants to stop and pet them, even if we are in the car. She is constantly pointing out babies and will let me know that she here's a baby crying that is 3 aisles over. I hope she still loves babies in 5 months :)
3. She loves the show Yo Gabba Gabba and will sit and watch it while I take a quick shower and the Wiggles if we are on a long road trip. Otherwise she won't watch more than 3 minutes of anything unless she has just woken up.
4. She loves to help cook, clean, water plants, check the mail, etc...Can't this quality last forever?
5. She is a great sleeper especially now that all 8 of her molars are in. Her summer bedtime is around 9 pm and she sleeps to around 8:30 am. She still takes an afternoon nap for 2-3 hrs. She prefers to wake on her own and awakes happy. If I have to wake her up she is happy at first and then grouchy and demanding for at least an hour. This girly needs her sleep!
6. She is a little monkey and climbs on everything. Last week she climbed out of her pack and play while we were in St. George. So far no attempts to climb out of the crib.
7. She gives big hugs and even kisses on demand. Once in awhile she sneaks in a licky kiss when you least expect it.
8. This takes me to her sense of humour. She is a big tease and very silly. She has us laughing constantly.
9. So far she has traveled a lot. We had to buy her first plane ticket last week now that she is two, so her travel schedule will probably slow down. She has been to Chicago, San Francisco, Milwaukee, the Bahama's, St.George, Mexico, St. Louis, Phoenix, Boise, and Salt Lake City. She always points out airplanes and will ask every couple of weeks "Airplane Mommy?" I assure her that we will go on an airplane soon.
10. She is a good little eater. Fruit and cheese are at the top of her list. Even though she always asks for chocolate, she is good to try new things. She likes Thai, Indian, and Mexican. She also likes things that are a little spicy. She still drinks rice milk and peanut butter and jelly is on the bottom of her list.
Happy Birthday Ava! Of course there are lots of things we love about you, these just happen to be the first 10 things I though of.

6 comments:
Wow. I can't believe she's two. I liked the list of what she's up to. And the sleep thing...Lucy is the same way. If she wakes up on her own, all is well. But if I wake her up early, cranky and clingy for an hour! You're so right.
I'm jealous Ava is a good eater.
Happy Birthday little girl!
Wow. I can't believe she's two. I liked the list of what she's up to. And the sleep thing...Lucy is the same way. If she wakes up on her own, all is well. But if I wake her up early, cranky and clingy for an hour! You're so right.
I'm jealous Ava is a good eater.
Happy Birthday little girl!
I loved this post about Ava--she has such an outgoing personality. And I love her big hugs and kisses. I'm excited to see her for the family reunion. I know she loves the outdoors.:)
Happy Birthday Ava! I can't believe how grown up she looks from pictures even posted from the last post. She is a doll! Great list of her qualities, can I say how jealous I am of all the fun places she has been already! Keep on flyin little girl!
Ava's been more places than me! Looks like she had a great birthday!
What a cutie! I can't wait to meet her. Did you get my email? It's been doing weird things lately and I know of some other people who haven't gotten my emails. What works best is if they email me and I can reply. So send me a note at chicagosapp@comcast.net
Love Lajuana
Post a Comment