Monday, September 8, 2008

Boise Family Reunion

My Grandma and her sister Gwen


4 generations of hands (My sister Jess took these-great idea!) My Grandma, my Mom, my hand and Ava's hand.
My sister Kate and her adorable little boy DallinAva found a pet rock that she almost dropped on her foot twice. I finally said he needs to take a nap. That was all we needed was a broken toe while we were camping.
My Mom at my Grandma's house pulling all of the kids in the Garden wagon.

My Second Cousin Missy's daughter and my Ava. These two would be pea's in a pod if they lived closer. They are both two and very tall for their age.
My Uncle Marvin and My sister Lori's Daughter Maya. Our daughters loved him and we joked that we wanted to hire him as the nanny because he was so helpful all the time.
My sister Jess who is a Mastermind at doing girly hair do's.
Grandpa, Maya, Marvin, Grandma, My Mom, Chase, My Aunt Diane, and my sister Michele.

Ava is smelling a flower she picked.
My Grandma fell asleep while holding Chase who was asleep.
Ava, Maya, and Tally. Jess had just done there hair. Ava would not let me take it out for bed that night. i was sure it was going to give her a head ache. In the morning it still looked good, so I didn't take it out the next day either. Even a month later if you ask Ava "who does your hair sooo cute" she responds with a big smile and says "Aunt Jessie". She will sit still for Jess but not for me.


Last month (yes I seem to be a month behind these days) we went to Boise for a family reunion. My Aunt Diane planned an awesome get away at Cascade (about 1 1/2 hrs north of Boise). Ava and I flew in early and Matt met us out later in the week. It was so great to catch up with family that I don't get to see that often. I would name them all, but that would be a long, long list. The best was meeting family I had never met. Anyway we stayed with my Grandma for the first few days, and then we drove up north and slept in cabins at the camp. Matt enjoyed playing ping pong, bad mitten, pool, and cards with the old guys and my cousin Isaac who is 14. Maybe next time my favorite girl cousins and my other cool Aunt (you know who you are.....) plus there husbands will come too and then Matt will have some competition with guys his age.

5 comments:

dana said...

Ava with the pet rock is just too cute. Lucy plays with random objects all the time and it makes me laugh.

Unknown said...

so great- i'm gonna steal that picture. it was so good to see you and agree- next time diane's girls need to plan their babies better.

Unknown said...

it says jonathan- i don't know why, but it's melissa

Jones Family said...

I loved all the reunuion pictures--I didn't take any (you know my card was full). Anyway I think we all had a great time. Thanks to Dian--the snowcone machine was the best.:)

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!! Although I had a pretty good excuse to be absent :) (baby # 3 was born 2 days before) I still would have loved to have been there. Thanks for posting...

Yummy Cookies

New Shoes

Slip Slidin' Away

Ava on the Grass....

Ava Loves her Dora Car-(9.5 mo old)