Monday, September 15, 2008

Whohoo We have a Delivery Date!

So some of you know but we had a C-section with our first baby Ava because she was breech. With Ava, when we found out that a C-section was the new plan, I was a little taken back. I kept hoping she might flip around but she didn't. Right before I had Ava I had come to to terms that it wasn't going to go as I had planned-a vaginal delivery. Once I had accepted the new plan, I was actually terrified that she would flip around the day I was going to the hospital and that I wouldn't leave with a baby, but another changed plan and have to keep waiting. The C-section went very smooth as did the recovery. Ava was 9 lbs and 10 oz and 12 days early...........ummmmm that seemed like a big baby. So this time around there has been no hesitation on my end on which way I would decide. (and also so far I have Placenta Previa which also makes you have a C-section---meant to be, right?) And it is funny this time I am terrified that I might actually go into labor. So I know that most of you have had successfully had vaginal deliveries and some of you have even had successful V-bac's (what they call a vaginal delivery if you have already had a c-section), but for me a c-section is what I know and what I am comfortable with, plus I basically got to big baby "p's" birthday. Our Delivery Date is Friday December 5th......that is unless I go into labor earlier. And for anyone who missed my post on July 29th, we are having another girl.

5 comments:

Jones Family said...

Congratulations! I am so excited to meet that little babe--and so see Ava too.:)

Jones Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jones Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dana said...

haha. that's kinda funny that you're scared of going into labor now. December 5th! woohoo. Owen was born on Dec 7th last year. And yes, 9 lbs 11 oz?!..you don't want to push that out.

With all the holidays coming up, not too much longer for you!
yay!

lacey said...

A baby girl for Christmas- certainly a year you will not forget. And by Christmas time you should not be "so" fragile... that does not give you permission to cook the turkey and string the lights or play Santa quite yet though.

Yummy Cookies

New Shoes

Slip Slidin' Away

Ava on the Grass....

Ava Loves her Dora Car-(9.5 mo old)